Saturday, June 23, 2007

After an exhausting week of moving out of our old house it has finally arrived. Day 1 of the summer of '07 trip dubbed "Judy here we come!". Today's adventures take us by Niagara Falls and into Toronto. There we are taking a break, staying in a hotel and recovering. I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow.

The move was crazy, weeks and weeks of planning and prep still don't prepare you for a 28 foot semi sitting in your driveway. We used UPack as our moving service. They drop off a trailer and you load it up. The process of loading it can best be described as 3d Tetris where the goal is to get things as tight and stable as possible. At 12:30 Friday morning I had finally gotten everything in and sealed the truck. I should have a picture of that later today. If I learned anything this time it was that you should not assume your kayak is 14 feet and measure it. It is 17 feet and now rests in Dave's backyard.

That brings me to where I am this fine morning while my family slumbers. While taking the kayak over to Dave's house I secured it a little too well and the pressure of the kayak cracked the windshield. So the car is at the glass shop and I'm at Dunkin writing and drinking coffee. Once this is done we pack up and go.

Goodbye Rochester.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL! OH MAN not a good way to start, ,Kayak boy!

~Laura

John said...

Kayakboy... *laugh*

See ya when you get here, homie.